Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekend!

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least.  I didn't have time to write a blog so here's a blurp:  I woke up thinking it was Wednesday and ended up skipping my first class, it was my grammar class so oh well?  Finished out my day and took a really long test for some women's graduate studies program.  The test was a little awkward talking into a microphone because she's researching linguistics and its connection to studying abroad?  I don't really know, but I got extra credit to take the test so it's all good.

The test started an hour after my last class, so in between I walked around downtown with my friend from Albion and we got gelato and gummies (at separate times of course).  I had a strawberry flavored gelato, and I think the ice cream is my favorite thing that I have had so far.  As for the gummies, we went to two different stores and I bought the cheaper ones.  Well there's a saying that I firmly believe in, "You get what you pay for," and that definitely applied.  The gummies were very hard, and I'll probably spend the extra .10, so I don't break a tooth next time!

For night time festivities, I went out to a couple of bars for the night: Sapey, Pepe Pasión, and Can Can.  Not the cleaniest places in town, but it was fun just to be out.  No worries, I only had one drink the whole night and I took a taxi home so no walking around by myself.  My friends call me mom because I act like their mother when we go out.  Someone has to watch over them and make sure they make good decisions, so I guess I was nominated?  I don't mind at all though.  I think I got home around 3:00 A.M. because my taxi driver got lost, and I had to explain to him in Spanish how to get to my house.  Haha.

Today I slept in late and hung around the house.  A bunch of people from my program went to Segovia but I think we're going next Saturday.  It's always weird walking around in a big group, so a small group of my friends want to go next weekend instead.  I went to Alcalá Magna with two of my friends today and I did purchase a couple things clothing related.  I just couldn't resist any longer.  Tomorrow we might be going to Madrid for the night, but that's up in the air right now.  But for now, just enjoying not having classes on Friday and enjoying being in Spain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment