Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Friday, January 15, 2010

Tinto de Verano? Yes!

I've come to discover that every day here offers some type of new challenge, and I love it! I love waking up and knowing that the day will be filled with new sights, people, food...I think Spain is growing on me and I'm growing on it and it hasn't even been a week!
Yesterday I went with my host sister to the mall again. But I told the two girls in my neighborhood to meet us at the rotunda where we catch the bus so they could come along too. Well, my host sister thought it was another rotunda and we got there and they obviously weren't there. Then we went to a different rotunda and they weren't at that one either. Luckily they found us and all was well in the world again. My sister brought her friend Pepé and I've decided that I too need a male friend to bring to the mall to hold my bag and coat while I shop. How handy!

After dinner last night, I went out with the girls from my program at 11:30 P.M. and we walked around for awhile until we found a little tapas bar. Tapas are kind of like little appetizers. When we walked inside it was almost like a movie. It was extremely crowded and smoky and when we started walking towards the back to be seated it got really quiet and everyone just stared at us. I guess it was pretty obvious that we were Americans. Shoot. I ordered another Tinto de Verano and it was the best drink at the table our group decided. We talked and laughed and it was just a fun night to be out. Towards the end of our drinks, a guy came over and slyly slipped his name and telephone number that he had written on a napkin onto our table. It was really cheesy. Thanks Hector but no one will be calling you anytime soon. I got home at 2:30 in the morning and my host dad was still up and he asked why I was back so early? Early? I thought I was out too late! Crazy.


But this morning I woke up at 11:30 and went to the mall with both my host sisters because they wanted to look for something. I'm pleased to report that in the three times I've been to the mall, nothing other than the Q-tips, Granola bars, and shower gel were purchased. Impressive yes. I wonder how long this will power will last? But I'm going out again tonight to look around Alcalá with some other girls tonight and I'm sure it will be a good time. I need to purchase more bus passes because my last ones will be used tonight. But all is good in Spain and thanks to everyone that has e-mailed, g-chatted, FB chatted, Skyped, or any other type of communication. Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment