Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meetings, Meetings, Meetings

Today was a really looong day of classes and meetings.  I had class from 9 until 12 and then class from 12:30 to 2:00.  At 2:00, I had a meeting about culture shock and was so so tempted to leave due to its ridiculous nature.  We had to first create a list of all the things that we liked about Spain and then a list of what was bad about the U.S.  Well my Spain list went something like this: Siesta, Tinto de Verano, Ropa (Naps, Alcoholic Beverage, and Clothes).  What an awesome list.  My list for negatives about the U.S.  Nothing.  Guess I missed the point of this activity.  I'm sure I could have come up with better positives, but I really wasn't liking this exercise.  Then we watched a film about a French student studying abroad in Barcelona and all the things that went wrong for him because he wasn't "adapting" well and how CIEE is so much better because it helps students adapt.  Ok CIEE, pat yourself on the back for being so so awesome.  Ha.  But after the 2 hour meeting, I had a meeting about a book club I was thinking about joining for extra credit in my grammar class (trust me, I'm going to need it).  However, I've decided not to do the book club because we are required to read an entire book in one week.  I don't have time for that!  After the one hour book club came another meeting, this time with another CIEE person to have a half an hour of conversation time.  Awkward.  He tried to get me to tell him what I don't like about my host family, but I had been warned to not disclose any information to him unless you want to make things tense and awkward at home. So needless to say my responses consisted of "I love my family.  They are perfect.  The food is stupendous."  Needless to say it was a long half an hour.  So I missed the main meal of the day and my siesta.  I'm a little crabby today.

After the meetings, I had to put more money on my cell phone.  I only had 72 cents left!  But now I should be set for awhile.  When I got home, it was a long night of doing homework, over 600 vocab words to copy and complete.  But at least I'm learning more Spanish and hopefully I'll be using these words in my everyday conversations, so I guess that's a positive.  But like I said, I missed my nap so it's an early night for me.  But only 3 more classes until the weekend!  This week has been really long and I can't wait to just relax for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment