Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

3 classes a day means the siesta can stay!

This morning when I woke up there was snow on the ground!  The Spaniards were not happy.  This was the fourth time that it has snowed here this year, and one of the other times was the day that I arrived and they shut down the airport.  They maybe got 2 inches of snow.  I'll post a picture of the snow on what I call "the mountains," but my host mom says that they are not mountains, but they look like mountains to me!  When I walked home from school, there were no traces of snow to be found anywhere.   I am not complaining about this.  Bring on the 50s and 60s again and no more snow!

My mind is trying to get back into this "going to school all day" thing.  I feel like I'm back in high school because I'm at school practically all day.  At least in High School I had a few minute break in between classes!  But I guess I get a half an hour "descanso," which gives me enough time to eat my bocadillo and talk with friends (in Spanish of course!)

I've been thinking about it and I think that I am "abusing" the siesta.  My host mom asked me today if I would be resting, and I said that I was going to take my siesta.  I'm not sure, but I think she thinks my 2 and half to 3 hour siestas are a little excessive?  She's probably right and I might have to start setting an alarm, so I don't sleep for so long!  My bed is just so comfy and it's a nice little break in my day.  But the siesta will definitely still be a part of my day.

Today I found out that I am going to Toledo on Feb. 5 for a day trip.  My Civilization and Spanish Culture class is going there for a field trip, and the best part is that it is entirely free!  Yes!  So the traveling begins, kind of.  I'm not exactly sure what is going on the rest of the week, but I have a bunch of random meetings tomorrow for school and I have to go convert the military time into regular hours, so I can be there on time.  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment