Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Semana Santa

So tomorrow at 6:00 P.M., I officially begin my Semana Santa aka Spanish Spring Break.  Whoo!  I can't believe it's already time for Spring Break.  All the planning and preparing and finally it is here!  So a little run down of my plans is in order:

March 24:  Done with class at 2.  Get to train station at 3.  I told my host mom that I could "andar rápido" (walk fast) from my house to the train station but she said she would drive me.  So kind of her.  Depart from Madrid Airport in at approximately 5:00 P.M. and get to London well sometime I don't know when.  It's not on the boarding pass I printed out.

March 25:  Only full day in London, so lots of sight seeing and walking around and exploring.  I believe we are doing the London Eye that day, which I'm excited about.  Probably some telephone booth pics, as well as annoying the British guards.  Must dos.

March 26:  Depart from London to Glasgow.  Spend a few hours in Glasgow.  Get bus to Aberdeen and arrive in Aberdeen at approximately 8:00 P.M. to find Mary Cantor and Kelsey Hawkins.  Good day good day.

March 27:  Wake up and catch bus at 7:00 A.M. to Edinburgh to see the city for the day.  Head back to Aberdeen and get into Scottish shennanigans with my Scottish loves.

March 28:  Hang around Aberdeen.  Explore North Sea/Mary and Kelsey's new home.  Get into more Scottish shennanigans.

March 29:  Depart Aberdeen super early via bus and head back to Glasgow.  Go from Glasgow back to London.  Spend late afternoon/evening in the city.

March 30:  Spend the morning in London and then fly out of London and head off to Barcelona.  From here, we don't really have any set plans haha.  Chill in Barcelona?

April 3: Leave Barcelona and fly back into Madrid.  Home sweet home.

Well that is Semana Santa in a very brief nutshell.  Hopefully travel goes smoothly.  I will inform everyone if it when I return.  Lots of pics I'm sure.

Also today was a big day because I had an intercambio for 2 hours!  2 hours of conversation, one in Spanish and the other in English.  Today I finally realized that yes, my time in Spain has helped my conversation skills which was my only real goal for studying abroad in Spain.  The conversation went smoothly, I didn't fumble for words as often as I used to, and I understand Ana's spanish the entire time.  What a relief to know that after 2 months, I'm finally coming around.  Still waiting for my first Spanish dream (I've been told that once that happens, you know you're good.  Or something like that), so hopefully before I leave.  If not, I will just have to face the fact that I will never have one.  Shoot.

Well it is waaay past my bedtime.  I had two papers to write and a book to read, as well as packing my suitcase/backpack.  2 hours of conversation.  Tutoring session to try to help my grammar grade.  Stamp buying.  E-mail writing.  Walking back home because I forgot my passport.  Printing bunches of boarding passes.  Among other things.  Very stressful busy day.  But tomorrow see you later Spain and landing in London.  Perfect way to celebrate the end of a busy week.  All my love to everyone back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment