Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Thursday, March 11, 2010

First venture out of Spain...

Tomorrow/Today I guess, the 12th of March, I am venturing out of Spain for the first time since I have been abroad.  ¡Adios España, y hola Portugal!  I am going to Lisboa, Portugal with a couple of my friends and we're super excited.  My host mom is driving me to the train station (at 4:30 A.M. bless her heart), then we're taking the train to Madrid, and then the Metro to the airport.  From there we travel to Lisboa!

I looked up the city on Google images and it looks absolutely beautiful!  I believe the Spanish would call it "Una ciudad muy preciosa."  It looks like there's some cathedrals and cool museums to visit, and our hostel is super close to the beach.  Also, I checked the weather on weather.com (although this site is prone to lying to me) and it looks like clear skies and 60s!  I'm banking on it since I'm not planning on bringing my yellow coat, but maybe the realist/pessimist in me will win and I'll throw it on on my way out the door.  

My only concern is the language since Portuguese isn't exactly my specialty, so it could make for quite the adventure.  Spanish is slightly similar to Portuguese though sí?  I will let you know upon my return on Sunday how everything goes.  First time in a hostel.  I'm sure there will be lots to write about...until Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment