Alcalá de Henares

Alcalá de Henares

Thursday, March 18, 2010

8:06 A.M., class starts at 8:30 A.M., 35/40 minute walk...you do the math...

So quick little blurp about yesterday morning.  Morning number 2 of epic fails.  I woke up at 8:06, and because we have to make up class, we had class at 8:30 instead of 9:00.  Great.  So I threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth, put in my contacts, washed my face, and ran out the door.  I felt bad because my host mom asked if I wanted food, but I didn't have time.

In short, I ended up running to class.  Boo.  I bet I looked pretty funny running to class, but it was quite the painful experience (literally I have a bruise on my hip from my purse hitting my side over and over again that's probably about 3 inches long).  Lesson learned.

When I showed up to class, I was only 5 minutes late.  Still technically on time since I have 10 minutes before it counts as an absence.  We also got our test back a few minutes after walking in the door.  Definitely did not do well.  At all.  Worst test of my life I believe?  Oh well, guess I need to have some more tutorías with Fausto.  Shoot.

But today I'm taking the train into Madrid to catch a bus to go to Valencia.  Valencia is about 5 hours away, and there's a huge festival going on in Valencia this weekend called "Las Fallas."  Pretty much, from what I've heard is that it's a lot of fun, and people light stuff on fire?  I'm game.  My friends and I are staying up all night and then taking the bus back at 6:00 A.M. to Madrid.  Should make for an interesting night.  Well I need to get going because I have to leave in about 30 minutes, but I'll be back tomorrow sometime and will let you know how everything goes.  ¡Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment